We look at a SitStayRead Tail Blazers program at Michael Faraday Elementary School on Chicago's West Side to hear from students what they love best about SitStayRead and how the team of dedicated volunteers and Certified Reading Assistance Dogs help to make their dreams a reality.
We're excited to announce our partner schools for this school year! This time around we're reaching out to even more at-risk children in low-income neighborhoods; 1,950 to be exact. In order for schools to qualify to receive SitStayRead's free school programming, 90% of its students must be living in poverty with 60% of third grade students reading below grade level. We serve children who need our help the most, and they deserve the opportunity to have our program.
- Bond Elementary - Englewood
- Brunson Elementary - Austin
- Cameron Elementary - Humbodt Park
- Faraday Elementary - Garfield Park
- Gale Academy - Rogers Park
- Hendricks Academy - Canaryville
- Hughes Elementary - Lawndale
- Lowell School - Humboldt Park
- Manierre Elementary - Old Town
- Marquette Elementary - Englewood
- Melody Elementary - Garfield Park
- National Teacher's Academy - Chinatown
- Sumner Academy - Lawndale
Want to get involved? You'll be helping students with their reading and writing skills, and making an impact on a child's life. Click here to find out how to volunteer!